Lead People into a Growing Relationship with Jesus
Shepherd’s Gate is a large, growing Lutheran Church in the suburbs north of Detroit dedicated to leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We are a friendly church that welcomes new people in a relaxed, informal atmosphere. We are a loving church that provides a safe place for people to explore the Christian faith, grow in their understanding of the Bible, find healing and discover how God designed them to serve with their gifts and abilities. We are a church that mentors followers of Jesus to be leaders in the home, church and community. We are passionate about prayer as a lifestyle. We provide opportunities to learn how to pray and make prayer available at our gatherings. The presence of God is experienced in our church and our relationship with Him is central to our daily lives.
We are a church where people of all ages can connect through our groups and ministries.
– Children and Junior/Senior High School Student ministries are vibrant, engaging and highly impactful for developing both children and teens to be bold in their faith and active in serving others in the church and community.
– Adults of all ages form friendships with other believers in small and midsize groups where we learn, laugh, love, encourage, hold each other accountable and share our lives with one another. Adults have a variety of opportunities to connect for fun and for serving in the church or community.
– Worship gatherings are engaging and life-impacting. Our worship services are designed to lead people to experience God in such a way they grow closer to him and want to invite others to come experience the same. Our worship style is expressive and modern utilizing both recent songs and historical hymns to reach multiple generations.
Our church leaders are known for transparency while bringing relevant and helpful messages for everyday life that are Bible-based and grace-centered. These messages challenge and inspire everyone to experience life change through the power of the Gospel of Jesus. As a church we grow primarily through people who are excited to invite others. We provide encouragement and training for our members to share their story with others in order to lead them into a growing relationship with Jesus. Our location makes us accessible to those traveling from other communities in surrounding countries.
We willingly and sacrificially share our resources to bring the love of Jesus to our communities in the hope of leading more people into a growing relationship with Him. We are a generous church that gives at least 13% of our offerings to help individuals, compassion ministries and mission endeavors outside of Shepherd’s Gate. We offer opportunities for students and adults to be on mission teams locally, nationally and across the globe. Wherever you are in your faith and life, we are here to meet you where you are so that together we can go where God wants us to be.
Care about People
- We warmly welcome all people and offer friendship that is respectful, humble and honest so that all receive encouragement, support and accountability.
- We are Gospel-centered, Bible-based, and unashamed of God’s truth.
- We pray for, serve and share the gospel of Jesus personally and as a church with those who do not have a relationship with Jesus.
- We respond in gratitude to God through a lifestyle of sacrificial giving to bring unprecedented compassion to our world for the support of our mission.
- We meet people where they are to help them become more like Jesus.
Our beginning . . . We began in 1980 when seven families set out to bring the Christian message to the community using a unique and relevant approach. Today we are a community of over 1300 members.
Our people . . . People matter to God and they matter to us. We offer to all people warm, loving friendship where relationships receive our priority attention.
Our passion . . . Our persistent zeal is motivated by our intense belief in Jesus Christ, in what He has done for us on the cross, and what He continues to do in and through us everyday. We refuse to think small or negatively about tomorrow. We continue to develop people spiritually and motivate them to fulfill their personal God given calling
We face the fact… None of us is perfect. It’s a fact. We all have failed to live as God intends. It’s called sin. Sin negatively affects each of us and our world.
We embrace the mystery… God is bigger than we can imagine. He is perfect, loving and forgiving. He does for us what we cannot do ourselves. Because of His great love for us, God has provided the way to forgive us and set us free from what we deserve because of our sin. Jesus Christ is the way for everyone who believes in him to receive the gift of life that is fulfilling and forever.
We receive the Truth… Christianity receives and believes the truth about God and His plan for us in the Bible, God’s written Word.
We embark on a journey… With God’s help, we encourage each other along the way, reaching out to others with His love and compassion. We are ordinary people who have been equipped by God to do extraordinary things. He invites us, and you, to join Him on this incredible journey of faith.